[cool_harbor] Status Update

  • From: "Johnny Kewl" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cool_harbor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 10:05:15 +0200

We want to get it out of Beta, but we not in a hurry and when it does move to
Version 1, it must also mean... simply the best application server ever made ;)
We think it is already.... but then we may be biased ;)

Cell Phone CDC... ie enabling Harbor to work with cell phones... thats on a go
slow and is still more R&D than progress. It will be a separate feature to the
core Harbor.

Moving the client side down to 1.4... this is to give it a bigger JRE
compatibility range... also going slowly simply because person on it is new and
on a Harbor learning curve... will also be served as a separate client side lib
for those that need it. We see it only as a nice to have.

Security System... Harbor is already securable at a web level.
We exploring security features at the application level... some very
interesting and exciting stuff coming.

If one just has to get going and they want to develop... we think its a safe
thing to already do, it is highly unlikely that the current API set will
change, and its safe to assume there will be no major changes to the way its
used now. One can however expect the API set to be augmented with some cool new
features. ie simply using the new libraries will very likely all thats needed.

The next release is at least 2 weeks away....