[CTS] Re: long time no post-Filezilla install question

  • From: "Michael" <muirhead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:21:44 -0700

David Bruce Jr. wrote:

Hi guys and gals,

I've stayed subscribed but kept all the mail in a folder I rarely
check...
My Dad got sick with cancer and died eariler this month.

Sucks totally. My condolences... and are you OK?

I need some help, I should know this but have forgotten.
what port does FTP usually use?\

That's port 21, almost always.

I installed FileZilla cause I'm too cheap to pay for cuteftp
it's asking me which port my domain uses for FTP and I
don't remember what the standard port should be with a hosting acct.

Chances are a zillion to one that you'll need port 21 for that. Of course, you host *might* be run by morons. :-)

((U))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm