[CTS] Re: design of inventory/accounting system

  • From: "John Madden" <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:35:02 -0500 (EST)

> Ok I see what Gnucash is - it is the free linux version of Quicken or MS
> money - it's not business accounting but personal money management (that
> wouldn't be bad for the everyday user but no way will it work for my 5
> businesses). Here's the first line from the description:
>
> "If you've been looking for a way to manage your personal finances using
> Free Software, you've found it! "
>
> Keyword is personal, Quickbooks and Peachtree Accounting are mainly for
> business use - you could do personal finances but that's a bit of
> overkill.

I think that description is out of date; I use Gnucash for business use
*only.*  Besides, there's no difference between personal accounting and
business accounting -- it's all money in, money out!

John

--
# John Madden,  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# Shameless plug: MailandFiles.com - Premium E-Mail and Files

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm