[CTS] Re: Wireless LAN Card

  • From: Ross Nelson <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 10:53:01 -0600

I assume you mean the little box that pops up with "Continue installation" and "Quit" or something in the middle of driver installs? If so, that's just certification for drivers, where you can be reasonably (or completely?) certain that it's safe to install the drivers. I can't remember what it is, even though I just reformatted last week, but something in my desktop has that pop up when I install drivers...and my hardware's from Micorosft, nVidia, 3com, Creative, Brother; nothing small and unknown.

On Jan 2, 2006, at 7:34 AM, Elaine Gairy wrote:

I bought a Netopia 3D Reach 802.11b Wireless LAN Card from Surplus Computers and when I put it my laptop and it recognizes new hardware it tells me not to install it. It says something like Windows doesn't recognize the logo. Should I not install it or do you think it's OK to do so. The message makes one think my computer will blow up if I do so.
Elaine

** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED ** DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/ DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm