[CTS] Re: Task bar help...

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:50:49 -0800

Man, Compaq sucks, Celron sucks, Intel sucks, Clinton sucks, Ok, got it
out of my system! LOL!!! :-)  Is this computer going to be mainly gaming
and school stuff like Word processing? The reason I ask is, I tried to
install Doom3 on this machine and it just downright wouldn't run. :-(
You're talking about 1gb ram (400mhz), XP 2500 cpu and GeForce FX-5200
(which isn't the worlds BEST gaming card) and a SATA drive. So what I
did, I installed XP on another partition  and I only use it for gaming.
Doom 3 runs as well as expected for a system like this, but I'm happy
with it. It's sorta a pain to have to re-boot but then again, this
machine is a quad boot machine. (2 XP, 1-W2K Pro and Suse Linux 10.0) :-)

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:59:23 -0600, "Tina" <chapman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> took time to
say the following:

T> Below is the specs on the computer I'm having problems with.  (Please no
slams as to the brand, or the CPU unless it's pertinent to the problem.  It's a
computer that is used by someone [or not used as the case may be] that doesn't
know much about computers, nor does he need a high end computer.)

T> TIA,
T>
T> Tee
T>
T> Windows XP Home
T> SP 1
T> Compaq Presario
T> Celeron CPU
T> 2.53 GHz
T> 248 MB Ram

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels

 ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm