[CTS] Re: Spoofing - here's a better example

  • From: "Jack Hand" <jackhand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 17:13:42 +0000

From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>

Here's a cut/paste of a message that AVG caught...came from MY mailer
supposedly - good trick since I am the one that runs that mail server and
controls what goes in and out:

------
Viruses found in the attached files.
The file Readme.pif: Virus identified  I-Worm/Bagle.J. The attachment was
moved to the virus vault.

Russ,

 Yup, I have received several of those in the past few days.
Also, read an article today about some of the virus writers putting
comments in their code dissing other virus code writers.  So, looks
like we have a war of the virus writers.

Old Africian saying: "When the elephants fight, the grass suffers."

The virus writers are the elephants and we be the grass.

;-)))

Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral. http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm