[CTS] Re: Security Warning Language

  • From: Russ Blakeman <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 10:56:07 -0500

I recently had one that changed the language to Chinese characters despite
English being selected in the registry. I messed with it a little and decided a
wipe and reload was the best in terms of making sure it worked right and to
save the owner lots of money in bench time. They only needed some photos and a
quickbooks file so I copied those off, scanned them on a spare machine with 3
different tools and they were clean. So much easier than trying to fight with a
machine that hasn't been loaded since it was factory loaded in 2003 (XP)

On Friday, November 1, 2013 10:39 AM, Otho Kinsley <okinsley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I worked on a slow computer.  In the process I installed a couple of programs.
Intermittently the Serurity Warning was in Czech (found out on Google).  At
other times in English.  The computer language setting were Use English.   A
Google search ( using a different computer) of the Czech entries came back with
Czech language results.  Is there malware that does that?  The program being
installed, installed properly (using the Czech RUN) and performed in English.
Anyone else run into this?