[CTS] Re: MSConfig Cleanup

  • From: cuffy10 <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:57:08 -0700

Eric C. Vogel wrote:

I may have to, but it does not take long. Better than spending hour cleaning out searchign for Symantec, Norton. Unless you know of a cheaper one?

Wouldn't jv16Power Tools work ?
If you use the last freeware version of jv16, avail from Pricelessware.org, and use the app correctly it should get Norton's as easily as it gets anything else.
It is absolutely essential with jv16 to use
Registry Tool
Custom Remove
Deep scan
Find entries
And LET IT WORK until you get entries in the
Found Entries window
If you don't let it scan it won't find anything....... no brainer !

IMHO anybody that loads anything branded by Norton's should be forced to live with it.
As far as I know there isn't much hope if you have HIV or Norton's......