[CTS] Re: Hey Russ - Fw: Beware the Mars Hoax

  • From: cuffy10 <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:49:32 -0700

Here are the facts: Earth and Mars are converging for a close encounter this year on October 30th at 0319 Universal Time. Distance: 69 million kilometers. To the unaided eye, Mars will look like a bright red star, a pinprick of light, certainly not as wide as the full Moon.

Disappointed? Don't be. If Mars did come close enough to rival the Moon, its gravity would alter Earth's orbit and raise terrible tides.

The last time this happened I don't remember the terrible tides but I did have one helluva case of GOOSEBUMPS.

YMMV

Tina wrote:

I wish what you sent were true.. but.. not quite. :)
Tee :)