[CTS] Re: Daemon Tools

  • From: cuffy10 <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 10:46:28 -0700

Charles R. Buchanan wrote:

What would be the difference in using this instead of Nero to create a
ISO file? I just backed my user folder and it took darn near an hour!
:-( It has never taken that long before. :-O I need to buy some 8x blank
dvd's huh? Although the 16x burners are out, and cheap, the media hasn't
followed suit as yet!

That little freebie app eliminates the compilation stage. It generates an ISO of an entire folder with NO other option. There is also no install for that app.......... download and click on it..... off and running !
I use the ISO but don't always burn them to CD/DVD
When I'm going to archive stuff I usually use Nero since you can select files from anywhere on your drives for the compilation.

The Folder2ISO works great when you're backing up something in progress. You can generate a new ISO of the folder and delete the previous one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm