[COMP] argh! linux printing problem

  • From: "Bruno Van de Casteele" <brunovdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:57:56 +0100

Hi,

I've been trying to get my Epson Stylus Color IIs to work under linux..
no success so far. I used the apsfilterconfig with the stcolor driver,
which should be compatible.... however it fails everytime (printing a
test page or just trying to print a simple text). Sometimes it just
feeds the page throught (tried different settings), or i get a print
(yes!) but only with an error (doh!) on it, smth like unrecoverable
error, rangecheck in .putdeviceprops. I figured out that's a problem
with the page size (thought im unsure), but i'm at a loss here (and i
cant find the file).
guess linux isnt quite smth for me (after failing to get my networkcard
to work)
--
Bruno Van de Casteele  brunovdc@xxxxxxxxx
N.P. Puam      [ ICQ#: CA957F ]

Homepage: http://puam.cjb.net/
SWRP: http://swrp.cjb.net/
Matrix-RPG: http://members.xoom.com/matrixrpg/

"There is a special adaptation of the mind to the universe, so that we
are
more apt to make true theories than we otherwise should be."
C.S. Peirce

Get computer help: http://avenir.dhs.org