RE: Amy has fallen off the edge . . .

  • From: "andrea wynn" <wynn72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:33:00 -0400

I cuncur with your sentiments and Nat's, too. But I find myself (sadly) too distanced from Comp AND Lit right now . . . how does my diss fit? I've birthed a topic and now I'm having post-partum depression. I feell like my little guy doesn't fit in with the rest of the kids on the playground. Maybe I should have tried Ph.D. in sociology or history or something, cause my standing near comp nerds and geeks who didn't get invited to the prom, trying to get my idea adopted still makes me feel like an outsider.

Here's the biggest problem . . . my language is failing me at a time when I need it most. Here you guys are, laying around my feet practically and the topic, its tenuous grasp on the field of comp, any discussion about it, etc. is still forming in my mind and I don't feel ready to talk about it. So I'll be ready when it's me and my German Shepherd sitting around panting. And she won't be any help.

The closer my leaving date comes, the farther away I want to be from my real life responsibilities . . . I wanna make these my real life responsibilities.

Enough of that! I've got a paper to write (you can call me Scarlett O'Hara)

Andrea