RE: A funny for finals

  • From: "Joanna Paull" <joannapaull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 14:34:41 -0400

I'm not sure if anyone is actually attributed to authoring this, since I =
can
tell you all it is a long-told urban legend.  Always good for an end of =
the
semester laugh. Of course, my grades were in on the 12th, so I'm already =
on
break.  Loving it.  Mark said that after I finish revisions on this =
chapter
and write up my intro chapter of about ten pages, I'll be ready for the
culminating evaluation.  Wish me luck. I'll be up to visit, so do not =
fret.
Joanna

From: Elizabeth Vasquez <gloomcookie111@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: armineavakyan@xxxxxxxxxxx, dcervantes25@xxxxxxxxx,=20
        starcostello@xxxxxxxxxxx, visaman84@xxxxxxxxx, shozo_98@xxxxxxxxx,=20
        heloise411@xxxxxxxxx, johannatrelenberg@xxxxxxxxx, ej_yulo@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Funny
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:10:05 -0700

------_=3D_NextPart_003_01C55CD8.D628DA20

I hope you guys enjoy this one! It made me laugh.

[...]

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii"> <META
NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>Funny</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I hope you guys enjoy this one! It made me =
laugh.</FONT>
</P> <BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>At Duke University, there were four sophomores taking
Chemistry and</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>all of them had an A so far. =
These
four friends were so confident that the</FONT> <BR><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>weekend
before finals, they decided to visit some friends and have a</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>big party. They had a great time, but after all the =
hearty
partying,</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>they slept all day Sunday and didn't =
make
it back to Duke until early</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Monday morning. =
Rather
than taking the final then, they decided that</FONT> <BR><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>after
the final, they would explain to their professor why they missed</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>it. They said that they visited friends but on the =
way
back, had a flat</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>tire, as a result, they =
missed the
final.</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>The professor agreed they could make up =
the
final the next day. The</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>guys were excited and
relieved. They studied that night for the exam.</FONT> <BR><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>He
placed them in separate rooms and gave them a test booklet. They</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>quickly answered the first problem, worth five =
points.
Cool, they</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>thought!</FONT> <BR><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>Each one
in separate rooms, thought this is going to be easy.</FONT> <BR><FONT
SIZE=3D2>Then they turned the page. On the second page was =
written:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>For 95 points: Which tire?</FONT> </P> <BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=3D_NextPart_003_01C55CD8.D628DA20--