[coloredpencils] "Sounds of the World" @ Directors Park : Friday June 28th

  • From: CP News <artshow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:31:10 -0700

Performances starts at 6.00 pm. with Contemporary Moroccan  music by
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JQknLlaCGA>Randa
BenAzi
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JQknLlaCGA>z<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JQknLlaCGA>following
bytradition Indonesian spoken words (Djatung)
by Portland's local author, The Asian Reporter's columnist and civil rights
lawyer Ronault "Polo" Catalani <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRHCTGDTm4>
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRHCTGDTm4>and Michael Martínez,
Mexican/American poet and artist from Pacific Northwest of College of art,
whose' his poems serve as a springboard for conversation to perpetuate the
dialogical discussion of race, identity, and belonging and draws
inspiration via the connection of personal/family experience and
complicity, to the larger socio political narrative of race in America.

Disability Art and Culture project <http://dacphome.org/>
<http://dacphome.org/>'s
dancers will make an appearance due to the popular demand while Saudi
Arabian students <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvLn1DuxlHk> group from
Portland State University will play on Oud and Darbuka and take the
audiences on a journey to the Middle East.

The event will end with
"<http://threeforsilver.bandcamp.com/album/three-for-silver>Three
for Silver" <http://threeforsilver.bandcamp.com/album/three-for-silver>band
who will recreate sounds and spirits of European streets and cities,
intertwining multicultural feel with Brazilian drummer, Polish violinist,
Russian clarinet player and Hungarian guitarist.

Admission is FREE.  (We suggest $10 donation to support the continuation of
this project in 2013-2014.)

The event is partnering with Portland Park and Recreation’s Director Park
and is produced by Colored Pencils Art and Culture
Council<http://www.coloredpencilsart.org/>  with
sponsorship support from Regional Arts and Culture Council<http://www.racc.org/>
, Oregon Arts Commission
<http://www.oregonartscommission.org/%E2%80%8E>, United
Way of Columbia Willamette <http://www.unitedway-pdx.org/%E2%80%8E>, The
Asian Reporter <http://www.asianreporter.com/>  PhoenixLotus
Photography<http://www.phoenixlotus.com/>
 and group of volunteers from diverse communities.  Sponsorship opportunity
please contact info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Colored Pencils Art and Culture is 501c3 grass root non-profit organization
which mission is to facilitate inter-cultural learning among diverse
communities.

For more information about this event or
DONATE<http://www.razoo.com/story/Coloredpencilsartandculturecouncil>
  funding to continue this project please visit the Colored Pencils
website atwww.coloredpencilsart.org.

*Photos courtesy our community video/photo production* :  Phoenix Lotus
Photography <http://www.phoenixlotus.com/>

Flyer Design courtesy : Gary Tran <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*
**
*
*Colored Pencils Art and Culture Council*
 619 SW 11th Ave |  Suite 129  |  Portland, OR 97205-2646
*
*
*Office:  *971-409-6157  |  *Email:  *info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

*www.coloredpencilsart.org* <http://www.coloredpencilsart.org/> |
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Colored-Pencils-Art-and-Culture-Council/185683451515272>
 *| Y
<http://goog_967321049/>*outube<http://www.youtube.com/user/ColoredPencilsArt>

*Colored Pencils Art and Culture Council's mission *is to facilitate
inter-cultural learning among diverse communities to uphold the dignity of
all people by creating an artistically and culturally rich environment
where everyone bond in their humanity and safe to express their uniqueness.

If this email arrived you by mistake please accept our apology,
we are in the transition to new mailing list and we remove your email as
soon as we can if you wish.

JPEG image