[coloredpencils] ColoredPencils Art and Culture NIght TODAY @ Directors Park 6pm.

  • From: CP News <artshow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:50:39 -0700

 Performances starts at 6.00 pm.

 Contemporary Moroccan  music by
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JQknLlaCGA>Randa
BenAzi
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JQknLlaCGA>z<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JQknLlaCGA>

 tradition Indonesian spoken words (Djatung) by Portland's local author,
The Asian Reporter's columnist and civil rights lawyer Ronault "Polo"
Catalani <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRHCTGDTm4>
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRHCTGDTm4> ,

Mexican/American poet and artist from Pacific Northwest of College of
art Michael
Martínez will recite his latest work (that you don't want to miss!)

 Disability Art and Culture project <http://dacphome.org/>
<http://dacphome.org/>'s
dancers will make an appearance due to the popular demand.

Saudi Arabian students <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvLn1DuxlHk> group
from Portland State University will play on Oud and Darbuka and take the
audiences on a journey to the Middle East.

The event will end with
"<http://threeforsilver.bandcamp.com/album/three-for-silver>Three
for Silver" <http://threeforsilver.bandcamp.com/album/three-for-silver>band
who will recreate sounds and spirits of European streets and cities,
intertwining multicultural feel with Brazilian drummer, Polish violinist,
Russian clarinet player and Hungarian guitarist.

Admission is FREE.  (We suggest $10 donation to support the continuation of
this project 2013-2014.)

 DONATE <http://www.razoo.com/story/Coloredpencilsartandculturecouncil> :
Thank you for your support of our loving project : your contribution will
continue life our work.
==================================

Colored Pencils Art and Culture is 501c3 grass root non-profit organization
which mission is to facilitate inter-cultural learning among diverse
communities.

 For more information  please visit the Colored Pencils website at
www.coloredpencilsart.org.

*Photos courtesy our community video/photo production* :  Phoenix Lotus
Photography <http://www.phoenixlotus.com/>

Flyer Design courtesy : Gary Tran <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*
*

If this email arrived you by mistake please accept our apology,
we are in the transition to new mailing list and we will remove your email
as soon as we can if you wish.

*==============================================*
*Colored Pencils Art and Culture Council*
 619 SW 11th Ave |  Suite 129  |  Portland, OR 97205-2646
*
*
*Office:  *971-409-6157  |  *Email:  *info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

*www.coloredpencilsart.org* <http://www.coloredpencilsart.org/> |
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Colored-Pencils-Art-and-Culture-Council/185683451515272>
 *| Y
<http://goog_967321049/>*outube<http://www.youtube.com/user/ColoredPencilsArt>

*Colored Pencils Art and Culture Councils's mission *is to facilitate
inter-cultural learning among diverse communities to uphold the dignity of
all people by creating an artistically and culturally rich environment
where everyone bond in their humanity and safe to express their uniqueness.

JPEG image