Multi-level Statewide 501(c)(6)'s [non-profits]

  • From: "Kimberly A. Schavey" <kimberly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CollabLaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:04:20 -0600

Dear Group:

Here in New Mexico we are making a transition to a 501(c)(6) "chamber of commerce"-style non-profit for our statewide group, and consequently feeling like our financial matters at both the local and state levels should probably funnel through this entity. This of course then impacts how we do public outreach and education.....growing pains are called that for a reason, it appears.

Has any other state faced a similar evolution? Do you have organization charts or committee structures that would be helpful to us?

If you wish to send me a document, please reply to the message AND to kimberly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . Your attachment will be stripped off of the CollabLaw e-mail, but if you send it to me I will gladly post it to the files section so that everyone else can access it.

Kimberly A. Schavey, Attorney at Law
11224 Morocco Rd., NE
Albuquerque, NM  87111-2651
505-839-1965 / 866-573-0972 fax