Re: [CollabLaw] Parenting Time Research?

  • From: Beth <beth.karassik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CollabLaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:09:12 -0500

I'd love to see responses on this listserve. This was just coming up for me on a case. Thanks.

Beth M. Karassik, Ph.D.

On Jan 20, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Kemi Rampi wrote:

Josh Rampi asked me to post this - please reply to hopecounseling@xxxxxxxxxxx - Kemi

Dear List-Serve,
I am looking for any recommendations for literature (journal articles, books, news reports) regarding parenting time schedules and their effectiveness. I have a client who is interested in learning more about how the following impacts her/his children (children between ages 9-12 years old): 1) the number of transitions vs. block times with each parent, 2) importance of face to face time with each parent at the cost of more transitions for the children. The client is strongly in favor of longer periods of time with each parent, one week rotation (i.e. 7 days with each parent, transition, than 7 days with the other parent), but is open to considering other options if the literature states otherwise.
I'm not sure if there are resources available to address these specific questions, but thought that I could tap our collective brains to see what's out there.
Please email your responses to hopecounseling@xxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for your help,
Josh Rampi

Kemi S. Rampi, Esq.

Collaborative Solutions Minnesota
"Resolving Divorce Disputes Respectfully"

3300 Edinborough Way Suite 550

Edina, MN 55435

Phone: 612-269-2794

Email: kemirampi@xxxxxxxxxxx

www.CollaborativeSolutionsMN.com

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this email or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e- mail in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail or by calling 612-269-2794 so our records can be corrected and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.