Re: [CollabLaw] Five-year practice requirement?

  • From: "Kimberly A. Schavey" <kimberly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CollabLaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:23:26 -0600

My .02 on the subject:

I believe we, as a movement, are here to say YES. If it serves those involved. Always.

So I am generally inclined to receive anyone, with any level of practice experience, as long as they are willing to accept a grace period by which to obtain the requisite trainings and licensures and meeting of practice standards. I think that our local practice groups are obligated to receive each new member individually, meeting them where they are [a former minister taught me that], and mentor and support them in getting competent in collaboration. All we need is competence. Each professional's competence will be unique, beneficial in its own way, and should be welcome.

Thus I hope the same tenor and attitude will apply toward "ancillary" or "adjunct" professionals, such as mortgage lenders, marriage counselors (who send their clients to CP), and the like. All should be able to be members of our non-profit statewide and international groups, just as satisfied customers should be able to support CP, their favorite charity.

With a sly grin, I sign off

Kimberella of Albuquerque
Lawyer & Clergyperson