[codeface] use case: identify potential committers

  • From: Roger Meier <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: codeface@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 20:18:38 +0000

Hi

We do not have enough committers within the Apache Thrift project.

I thought that CodeFace might help me to identify potential committers to be
proposed within the Apache Thrift PMC.
Currently I have the following criterias in mind:
- continous contributions on mailing list(incl. JIRA issues)
- people that also interact on other persons tickets or mails
- data range needs to be up to latest version on master branch
- latest mailing list data

I would really like to have new committers with long term goals.
=> no short term contributors

We need to avoid the situation where new committers stop working on the project
after two months or so.

Is there an analysis available to get such information about a project?

thanks
roger