[cochiselinux] Ygdrassl linux & Fedora Core 1

  • From: Dick Sears <searsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:58:23 -0700

Years ago, possibly 10-12 years, there was a Linux
distribution called approximately "Ygdrassl," after
a sacred beech tree whose roots were supposed to be
the source of strength and life.  I can't vouch for
the tree, but I can tell you that I thoroughly wasted
a hard drive. I had to rebuild the MBR and start from
absolute scratch - I went back to 95 or 3.11, whatever
was then cutting edge, and gave away the installation
disk on the freebie table at the Tucson Computer Soc.

Well, I had the same experience with a "publisher's
edition" of Fedora Core 1, which had come with the book
"Learn Red Hat Fedora in 24 hrs." I chalked it up to
either some screw up by me or a corrupted disk.  But now
two other people have told me of the same experience
with the same "publisher's edition."

Has anybody in this venue had a similar experience?