[cndcoinerrs]: Re: Copyright

  • From: JFK <scissel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cndcoinerrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:26:00 -0600

Rob - That is also how I interpret our copyright laws. Problems can occur if
the website had a disclaimer to the effect that "all material is
copyright-free". Copyright is automatically granted to the author/artist of
any work ( e.g., photo, diagram, etc)

On 8/14/06, Rob Turner <rob7730@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'll begin by saying I'm not an attorney. I seems to me that if a contributer submits an article, or a photo, to CEVNA, and asserts the copyright for the author, and grants permission to CEVNA to use it, then everybody is covered.

I think getting steady contributors may be hard enough in the long term
without them worrying they are going to lose intellectual control of their
contributions.

JMHO,
Rob