[clif_notes] Clif Notes Newsletter - November 13, 2005

  • From: clif <clif__notes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "clif_notes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <clif_notes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 03:59:10 -0500

Welcome to Clif Notes Newsletter
November 13, 2005

Hi everyone.

This has been and interesting week. I've found information about trusted companies you can't trust. I've found freeware that's hosted at adware websites. I've also found that games at supposedly good shareware sites can't be trusted. Who can you trust anymore? Trust in yourself. You can find the answers if you look for them.

Here are the headlines from this week's letter.
--------------------------

REVIEWS
Why and how I use a password manager - KeePass
PopTray - email notifier program
Startup Delayer - allows Windows to boot faster
Weather Watcher - your personal weather station
Battle for Moscow - beware of the malware

TIPS
Visual Studio 2005 Express - freeware from Microsoft
Advanced Home Networking - free online course at CNET
Anti-Spyware First Time Basics

COOL WEB SITES
BrightSurf - lets you search science news
How the Death Star Works
DonationCoder.com Fundraiser and Software Giveaway

NEW NEWS
Sony is taking heat over a copyright protection scheme

FREEWARE ADVENTURE
Write your own review

FEEDBACK AND OTHER STUFF
--------------------------

Go to http://clifnotes.tk
to see the current newsletter at the Freeware Review Wiki.
--------------------------

If you want a free 2.5Gb Gmail account,
email me: clif.notes @ gmail.com
--------------------------

Get an RSS Feed to my newsletter.
Just copy and paste this url into your feed reader.
http://snipurl.com/ClifsFeed
What's RSS? http://www.whatisrss.com/ Get an RSS Feed Reader: http://tinyurl.com/3zswx --------------------------

You can see all my newsletters here:
http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/f/!signupandcalendar.htm

You can see over 600 of my reviews here:
http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/f/OlderReviews.html

Have fun,

Clif

CLIF NOTES NEWSLETTER ( http://www.xanga.com/clifnotes_newsletter )

SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
clif_notes-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.