[clif_notes] Clif Notes Newsletter - November 20, 2005

  • From: clif <clif__notes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "clif_notes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <clif_notes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:19:34 -0500

Welcome to Clif Notes Newsletter
November 20, 2005

Hi everyone.

It looks like pbwiki, my web host, is having a few problems today. You can access a backup copy of the newsletter at my other site if you can't see it at the regular location. Some of the wiki links won't work but it'll still be readable. I didn't have time this week to include the feedback letters from readers so I'll try and catch up next week.

Regular location: http://clifnotes.tk

Backup at other site:
http://clifnotes.mybesthost.com/nl/temp_cnnl_051120/

Here are the headlines from this week's letter. --------------------------

REVIEWS
7-Zip - file compression manager
A9 Toolbar - search history, online bookmarks and webpage comments
Agent Ransack - find files on your PC much faster
avast! Home Edition - why pay for virus protection?
Google Desktop - Info when you want it, right on your desktop
Search Heaven - Access All Search Engines From One Location
Stickies - post your notes on the desktop

TIPS
Email tutoring by Candy - Icons and Cursors
100 Most often misspelled words in english
How to Disable the Error Reporting Feature in Windows XP
COOL WEB SITES

OTIS - Online Technical Information Service
Startup Application Knowledge Base - find out what's starting up on your PC

NEW NEWS
To Sony - It may be your music, but it's my PC.

FREEWARE ADVENTURE
Write your own review

FEEDBACK AND OTHER STUFF
--------------------------

Go to http://clifnotes.tk
to see the current newsletter at the Freeware Review Wiki.
--------------------------

If you want a free 2.5Gb Gmail account,
email me: clif.notes @ gmail.com
--------------------------

Get an RSS Feed to my newsletter.
Just copy and paste this url into your feed reader.
http://snipurl.com/ClifsFeed
What's RSS? http://www.whatisrss.com/ Get an RSS Feed Reader: http://tinyurl.com/3zswx --------------------------

You can see all my newsletters here:
http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/f/!signupandcalendar.htm

You can see over 600 of my reviews here:
http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/f/OlderReviews.html

Have fun,

Clif

CLIF NOTES NEWSLETTER ( http://www.xanga.com/clifnotes_newsletter )

SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
clif_notes-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.