[citansdnd] Archer

  • From: "Don Edwards" <warrl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citansdnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 01:29:36 -0700

Archer is now Barbarian 9/Cleric 6

With Practiced Spellcaster, +4 to caster level so lots of spells have
10<whatever> duration.

And Extend Rage, so I can berserk for 12 rounds.

Spare equipment that I could hand out:
* Composite Longbow +1
* Greataxe +1

Stuff I'd like to pick up if it's available spare:
* Armor better than Chainmail+2 and/or with a check penalty less than
-5. In particular I have no deflection, dodge, natural, or untypes
armor points without spells. And while I don't want a larger shield
than a buckler, I could take a buckler with some bonuses.
* Strength bonus (+1 helps)
* Constitution bonus that sticks around (+2 minimum or don't bother)
* Wisdom bonus (+1 helps)
* Dex bonus (+2 minimum or don't bother)

Spells I currently plan to have ready:
L0: Create Water, Light, Detect Magic *2, Read Magic
L1: Divine Favor# *2, Entropic Shield, Protection from Law, Shield of
Faith#
L2: Bull's Strength# *2, Shatter, Spiritual Weapon *2
L3: Magic Vestment#, Summon Monster III *2

I am interested in suggestions to improve that, with certain
restrictions:
L1: I must take at least one of either Protection from Law or Magic
Weapon, or effectively lose one spell slot.
L2: Same for Shatter and Spiritual Weapon
L3: Save for Magic Vestment and Circle of Protection: Law
General: Spells marked with # I specifically plan to use to buff
myself (unless I get some of the bonuses I mentioned earlier). They
all are 10-minute duration except Divine Favor which is 1 minute.

I can spontaneously cast (losing spells of the same level)
L0: Cure Minor Wounds (1 HP)
L1: Cure Light Wounds (1D8+5 HP)
L2: Cure Moderate Wounds (2D8+10 HP)
L3: Cure Serious Wounds (3D8+10 HP)

Note: My best pseudo-healing spell is Bear's Endurance (L2) which
would give any of us 30 extra *normal* HP (+4 constitution = 2 HP per
level and we are all level 15) but only for 10 minutes. This would be
enough time to finish a typical encounter and get some real healing,
and it's better than temporary HP in that it will lift a character
out of negatives while it lasts. My best real healing will only
average 24 HP and is L3. Should I trade one Bull's Strength for a
Bear's Resistance?

Meantime, combat stuff (unbuffed):
Swordbow (melee): attack  17/12/7, 2D6+4, crit 17-20 x2
Swordbow (range): attack 19/14/9, 1D8+1 crit 20 x3
Spiritual Weapon: attack 15/10/5, 1D8+2, crit 20 x2, duration 10
rounds
I'm working on stats for summoned creatures, Celestial Dire Badger
and Celestial Hippogriff.