[ciscomgr] Re: mostly quiet on the western front

  • From: <ruperts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciscomgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:30:55 -0400

I think the problem is that it is harder to demote someone without hurting
their feelings or getting them pissed than it is to promote someone. Thats why
we need a probationary period first. He probably shouldnt have been allowed in
here to begin with and given that high of an access level. For entry into the
>400 access level, the vote must be unaninmous and only after an extended
period of < 400 op status. I think jd got in more or less because he was the
catalyst in the #cisco/lucid split, though far from the only factor. Nobody
wants to be the bad guy or bearer of bad tidings, so when he found out on his
own that his access was lowered, he probably got mad. We probably should have
told him the plans first, though I still dont think it would have changed the
results.

Rupert