[ciscomgr] mostly quiet on the western front

  • From: WayzNMeanz@xxxxxxx
  • To: ciscomgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 11:50:17 -0400

hey guys

well the inevitable finally occured, jd saw he had been bitch slapped and now
he's all pissy about it

of course, we know he earned it, so whatya gonna do, as ye sow, so shall ye reap

he basically though asked me why no one had talked to him first blah blah blah,
maybe we should give him a reprieve, see below, the problem i see is leopards
dont changed their spots, so what good was talking to him about it gonna do?
he's pretty much just a mean and grumpy fuker and beyond being salavagable imho

on the other hand, on the other hand, if he feels that he wasnt given a chance
to change, maybe he should get one, so the question i have is, do we give him
second chance? and by that i do not mean he gets on this list, that should
never happen, but im talking about his access, im tabling that for discussion,
me personally, i think he has earned the rite to lose the access level, but i
guess his point that 'no one warned me' is kinda valid to some degree, of
course he's a grown up, and we as adults know that actions lead to consequences

meantime, we havent gotten much feedback yet to the rules etc, we'll give it a
few more days, but i think it worked out okay, we were bound to ruffle a few
feathers, but in general, seems like no one has any big bitchin to do about em,
those they were intended for will just have to deal with it, and those that
they have no effect on will just live on

on another note,

with regards to any new ops, whatya think of this, as far as procedure ,,,,and
we let them know all this up front in message or in a private email

a> probationary period of some length of time, tell them dont be a dick, if the
power goatse to their head, and it often does as we know, then they are back to
+v or +null

b> we send them the rules of course, and maybe some additional guidance, which
i can spin up

c> 100 level for probationary ops, then 150-199 once they have passed that
test, id make the exsisting worhty ops 200+ , if they arent already, if they
have proven unworthy of the privileges afforded by that level, not that its
much, they can stay sub 200

d> let them know that the final decision will be made by everyone with a @ so
make sure you get along with everybody, this way we will have a more cohesive
channel, of course not everyone is gonna get along with everyone, divisiveness
among the ops can happen, seen it before, and its just a cancer, so screw that

another point, do we need this strict ops thing ? i dont know, seems to be
maybe a problem, in the event someone cant login etc, ruperts deal was always a
good fallback, i think we could just have a policy of ops opping no one but
ops, and if they do, let them hang themselves and we can lay the smackdown on
them, i just wanted to table that issue for discussion if i may

okay sorry for the the littany,,,i know its the weekend

have a beautiful day :)

peace \/

r|p