[cisb102su01] Lesson 6 Assignment 3 Root, Mike Free Stuff

  • From: "Education0001" <education0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Listserv" <cisb102su01@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 20:58:48 -0500

Mike Root

Internet Literacy

CISB102_81635

Lesson 6

Question 3

Monday, April 01, 2002

3. Free Stuff

Ok, I REALLY don't like this topic. My computer has frozen 3 times cuz of all
the popup windows I got from stupid sites. Yeah, and this document went with
it, like I had this done 3 times but when my comp froze and this unsaved
document went with it. I usually try to stray from the norm, but I have to go
with the flow this time. I went to The Free Stuff Page
http://www.freestuffpage.com/ like our assignment suggests.

I went to the category 'Freebies' and selected beauty and personal care. I then
went to http://www.takemeaway.com/home/index.html for free Cologne scent
samples and http://129.33.77.33/rimmel/rimmelfreesamplepart2_july2001.html for
free lipstick.

(I really REALLY hope that if I don't ACTUALLY have these sites send this stuff
to my  home address I will still get credit. I know exactly how to perform all
actions needed to get the free stuff, and I have simulated this. but I don't
have a use for perfume or lipstick. I entered binary information in the forms;
if I really wanted the stuff, I could put my real information in the form.)

Ok, for the free perfume, I went to
http://www.takemeaway.com/default.sph/ccal.calgonRD.class/TMAPassB/tma.jsp to
sign up.

This website requires you to register before obtaining free samples. You have
to get a TMA pass.

I tried to paste the form into this document, but it shot the file size to 2.4
MB so you'll just have to take my word for it and go to the site yourself.

For the lipstick I went to
http://129.33.77.33/rimmel/rimmelfreesamplepart2_july2001.html and registered.

This website also requires you to register, like give them your email and they
will send you a confirmation email.

Again I can't paste the form so go to the address and check it out.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

Mike Root
Student
Maple Valley Alternative Education