[cisb102sp04] Re: L4, Q6 - Telnet

  • From: "melissa upton" <melissau420@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cisb102sp04@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:47:31 -0500 (EST)

LaurieI agree 100% - I went to several links that were dead.Glad to move on to
something else.--- On Sat 03/06, Laurie Brown &lt; Laurie.Brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
&gt; wrote:From: Laurie Brown [mailto: Laurie.Brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]To:
cisb102sp04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 21:38:32 -0500Subject:
[cisb102sp04] L4, Q6 - TelnetI learned that Telnet allows you to remotely
access a computer over the Internet. In other words, you can tell that computer
to create, edit, execute and delete files just as if you were sitting at that
computer. Actually, Telnet seems awfully archaic to me...like making butter in
a butter churn! I found a site that introduced telnet on Windows for gamers,
tho a lot of links are dead now. Still, much easier reading than most. The URL
is: http://www.windweaver.com/w95tips5.htm#LINKS . I ended up playing a funky
Barney game on another site..."Homer's Hut",
http://www.homershut.net/Telnet_Sites/telnet_sites.html . When you click on the
"Homer's Hut" link, Hyperterminal automatically starts up. On my system, tho,
Hyperterminal has a nasty habit of locking up! It was fun, though, to do
terrible things to Barney the purple dinosaur! The only think I learned from
telnet is it's like using a washtub instead of a washing machine! Sorry.Laurie
Brown
Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com