[cisb102sp04] L4, Q6 - Telnet

  • From: "Laurie Brown" <Laurie.Brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "CISB102 Listserv" <cisb102sp04@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 21:38:32 -0500

I learned that Telnet allows you to remotely access a computer over the
Internet. In other words, you can tell that computer to create, edit, execute
and delete files just as if you were sitting at that computer.  Actually,
Telnet seems awfully archaic to me...like making butter in a butter churn!
 I found a site that introduced telnet on Windows for gamers, tho a lot of
links are dead now.  Still, much easier reading than most. The URL is:
http://www.windweaver.com/w95tips5.htm#LINKS .  I ended up playing a funky
Barney game on another site..."Homer's Hut",
http://www.homershut.net/Telnet_Sites/telnet_sites.html  .  When you click on
the "Homer's Hut" link, Hyperterminal automatically starts up.  On my system,
tho, Hyperterminal has a nasty habit of locking up!  It was fun, though, to do
terrible things to Barney the purple dinosaur!  The only think I learned from
telnet is it's like using a washtub instead of a washing machine!  Sorry.
Laurie Brown