[cisb102_vc] Re: Lesson Four Question 4

  • From: "Barbara Kowalk" <kowalkb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cisb102_vc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:42:23 -0400

I feel a little like asking the junior high math class question regarding =
Telnet.  :  "Why do we have to know this stuff?" =20

Telnet seems rather archaic and very limited.  I think it's probably =
useful  for researchers who are far from their home base (like archeologist=
s on a dig or something), and it looks like a lot of universities still =
use it in constructive ways, but I did not have much luck with it since I =
did not have passwords to any of the sites I tried, which were:

http://hosting.webhostwest.com/telnet  tutorial.htm
http://oregonstte.edu/aw/tutorials/telnet/=20

I did like learning how to find out if I had telnet on this computer.  =
That was good.  And research this method made me greatful that I am =
getting into this whole cyberspace world now as opposed to earlier. =20
me. =20
~Barb Palmer Kowalk