[cisb102_vc] Re: Lesson Four Question 4

  • From: "John Rossi" <jdr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cisb102_vc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:14:45 -0400

Barbara:

Based on my experiences with Telnet so far, I would have to agree with =
your findings.  I believe it is so difficult for us to use because we are =
just no longer used to doing business this way.  After using browsers and =
the Internet it seems rather uncivilized to revert to that was of "life".  =
With our modern communication conveniences, there just is not much =
motivation for the average person to want to learn about the world of =
Telnet.

It also seems to me that you really have to know the system you are =
logging into.  Otherwise, not knowing what to do or what to expect from it =
adds a little to the sense of bewilderment.  Despite some of this minor =
frustrations, I thought this was a great exercise.  I really learned a lot =
from it.  Take care.  JR

John D. Rossi
Lansing Board of Water & Light
Information Technology Resource Center