[ciphershed] Re: Old TrueCrypt history pull request.

  • From: Bill Cox <waywardgeek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 17:26:02 -0400

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Jason Pyeron <jpyeron@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm, so far I am able to auto merge most of it, but what is the resoltuion
> on
> this one. Or why was the license deleted, because I was on the
> understanding
> that until ALL the TrueCrypt code is removed it must be (one of) the
> license
> applied to the code.
>
> CONFLICT (rename/delete): src/License.html deleted in srguglielmo/master
> and
> renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of src/License.html left in tree.

I thought "Hmm" myself over this, but he only deleted the html version of
the license.  Frankly, we don't need multiple versions of the TrueCrypt 3.0
license in our system.  I certainly don't want to have to verify they are
the same!  Technically, I think it is safe to just use the .txt version,
even if the HTML version were slightly different.  I would be tempted to
remove the rtf version in Resources/Texts/License.rtf as well to be
consistent.

Bill