[cinemaexp] Re: Draft Promo Materials for CinEx 16

  • From: william jefferson <wcjeffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cinemaexp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 16:54:15 -0500

I was hoping we could become known as the Railroad Square Sewing Circle and
Terrorist Society - or is that too long?

Nice work, Shannon!

On Nov 25, 2015, at 2:45 PM, Serena Sanborn <serenasanborn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I love the posters. Gorgeous work my dear!!
love

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Shannon Haines <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi there, Team CinEx,

Attached are a draft poster, a draft program (legal sized, black and white,
mailer format), and a word doc with the film descriptions edited down to fit
the space available. The only real content edit that I made was re: TAXI,
adding in a clause about Panahi’s house arrest (in addition to the jail
sentence). I am totally open to any and all feedback on all of this! Edits to
the word doc are welcome, but keep in mind that we don’t have room for more
content.

On another front, I was in touch with Steve Wurtzler about the
HITCHCOCK/TRUFFAUT intro and he suggested that we speak with visiting
professor Kyle Stevens who is actually teaching a course on Hitchcock this
spring, so that looks promising. I will keep you posted. Steve also gave me a
good lead for TAXI that I will also follow up on.

I think that’s it for now. I hope to spend next week confirming
sponsors/advertisers, so I am hoping we can have actually print materials in
hand on Monday, December 7. In the meantime, please provide your feedback on
the promo materials at your earliest convenience, by the end of the day on
Thursday, December 3 at the latest.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Best,

Shannon

<image001.jpg> <http://www.mainefilmcenter.org/>
Shannon Haines, Executive Director

Maine Film Center

76 Main St.

Waterville, ME 04901

207-861-8138 <tel:207-861-8138>
www.mainefilmcenter.org <http://www.mainefilmcenter.org/>

FMI on arts and cultural offerings in Waterville:

<image002.jpg> <http://www.watervillecreates.org/>
www.watervillecreates.org <http://www.watervillecreates.org/>