[cinemaexp] Re: Draft Promo Materials for CinEx 16

  • From: "Joel Johnson" <joel_johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cinemaexp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:22:51 -0500

Shannon:

As always, thanks for turning out such terrific promotional pieces. I was a
little concerned that the picture of the man creating a ball might be a little
difficult for the audience to understand, but since the picture also includes
the title of the film that should not be a problem and does show the lengths
that individuals will go to create a ball to play with. You did leave Bob
Stewart and Lea Girardin’s names off our list of team or Steering Committee
members. We don’t usually refer to ourselves as a Steering Committee, but I
don’t know if anyone has a particular preference for some other designation.
The final sentence of the BOUNCE blurb probably needs to be revised to give it
a verb to actually make it a sentence. Perhaps “David McLain [is planning] to
attend…” would work. The only other thing I noticed and don’t know if it will
look different on the final printing is that there are certain letters in the
text for the films in the brochure that look like it was hand typed with
different strike force. This seems to happen with the “s” most frequently, but
other letters seem to show up darker, too. I assume the font in the summaries
that you created as a separate document is the same as the brochure text, but
they don’t seem to have those same differences. Is there anything that can be
done about that?

Joel