[cinci_dads] From the mouth of Babes (Part II)

  • From: AHummeldor@xxxxxxx
  • To: cinci_dads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 21:01:48 EST

<< 1. 3-year-old, Reese: "Our Father, Who does art in
 heaven, Harold is His name." " Amen

 2. A little boy was overheard praying: "Lord, if you
 can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm
 having a real good time like I am.

 3. A Sunday school class was studying the Ten
 Commandments. They were ready to discuss the last
 one.
 The teacher asked if anyone could tell her what it
 was. Susie raised her hand, stood tall, and quoted
 "Thou shall not take the covers off the neighbor's
 wife."

 4. After the christening of his baby brother in
 church,
 Jason sobbed all the way home in the back seat of the
 car.
 His father asked him three times what was wrong.
 Finally,
 the boy replied, "That preacher said he wanted us
 brought up
 in a Christian home, and I wanted to stay with you
 guys.

 5. I had been teaching my three-year old daughter,
 Caitlin, the Lord's
 Prayer for several evenings at bedtime, she would
 repeat after me the lines from the prayer. Finally,
 she decided to go solo. I listened with pride as she
 carefully enunciated each word, right up to the end
 of
 the prayer: "Lead us not into temptation," she
 prayed,
 "but deliver us some E-mail. Amen."

 6. ...and one particular four-year-old prayed, "And
 forgive us our trash baskets as we forgive those
 who put trash in our baskets.

 7. A Sunday school teacher asked her children, as they
 were on the way to church service, "And why is it
 necessary to be quiet in church. One bright little
 girl replied, "Because people are sleeping."

 8. Six-year-old Angie and her four-year-old brother
 Jay were sitting
 together in church. Jay giggled, sang, and talked out
 loud. Finally, his
 big sister had, had enough. "You're not supposed to
 talk out loud in church."
 "Why? Who's going to stop me?" Jay asked.
 Angie pointed to the back of the church and said,
 "See
 those two men standing by the door? They're hushers."

 9. A mother was preparing pancakes for her sons
 Kevin, 5, and Ryan, 3. The boys began to argue over
 who would get the first pancake. Their mother saw the
 opportunity for a moral lesson. "If Jesus were
 sitting
 here, He would say, 'Let my brother have the first
 pancake, I can wait.'" Kevin turned to his younger
 brother and said, "Ryan, you be Jesus!

 10. A father was at the beach with his children when
 their four-year-old son ran up to him, grabbed his
 hand, and led him to the shore where seagull lay dead
 in the sand. "Daddy, what happened to him?" asked.
 "He died and went to Heaven," the Dad replied.
 The boy thought moment and then said,
 "Did God throw him back down?"

 11. A wife invited some people to dinner. At the
 table, she turned to their six-year-old daughter and
 said, "Would you like to say the blessing?" "I
 wouldn't know what to say," the girl replied. "Just
 say what you hear Mommy say," the wife answered. The
 daughter bowed her head and said, "Lord, why on earth
 did I invite all these people to dinner?"