[cifnmedia] Stevensville man dies in crash

  • From: <gmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sean Aaron" <cifn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Brad Dietrick" <bradfurniturefirst@xxxxxxxxxxx>,"BRAD DIETRICK" <badleybreak@xxxxxxxxx>, <cifnmedia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 13:54:11 -0400

The Star Democrat

            Clear 85°
             5 Day Forecast

            NEWS SEARCH

      News | Classifieds | Community | Directory | Marketplace | My Zwire!
      Friday 7 May, 2004        Home > News > News > News Front Stores

           News

              Top Stories
              Local
              News Briefs
              Maryland-Region
              Elections
              Aftermath
              Nation
              Waterfowl Program 2003
              National News
              Weather
              The Rt. 404 story
              News Front Stores
           Opinion
           Sports
           Classifieds
           Obituaries
           Eastern Shore Showcase Homes
           SCHOOL INFORMATION
           Life on the Shore
           Entertainment
           Business
           Real Estate
           Health & Wellness
           Personal Finance
           Subscribe
           Our Newspaper
           PrimeLifestyles
           Links
           Sports Wire!
           Administrative
           Fun and Games
           Consumer Guide
           Lifestyles

                    News Front Stores

                  Stevensville man dies in crash on Route 8
                  * Other driver treated, released from hospital

                        By: JACK SHAUM , Staff Writer  05/07/2004

                       Photo by JACK SHAUM

                  EMTs from the United Communities Volunteer Fire Department
transfer John Matthew Pease to a Maryland State Police Med-Evac helicopter
following an accident yesterday on Route 8. He was pronounced dead at the
University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore.

                  STEVENSVILLE - A two-vehicle collision on state Route 8 near
Stevensville Thursday killed one person and injured another.

                  John Matthew Pease, 39, of Stevensville, was pronounced dead
at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore after being
flown there by a Maryland State Police helicopter, said Tfc. Jennifer Schick of
the Centreville Barrack.

                  Kirsten Greenhawk, 35, of Stevensville, was taken by
ambulance to Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis where she was treated and
released, said hospital spokesman Margo Mohsberg.

                  Schick said shortly after 10 a.m., a 1991 Mazda driven by
Pease was heading north on Route 8 at Worcester Road when the driver lost
control. She said the car crossed into the south lane and collided with a 2001
Ford Expedition driven by Greenhawk. The Mazda, which was extensively damaged
on the passenger side, came to rest with its rear end in a drainage ditch on
the southbound side of Route 8.

                  "I had just crossed the road and I heard the tires lock and
then I heard them hit," said a man working nearby who asked not to be
identified. "It was pretty loud."

                  The man said he immediately called 9-1-1 on his cell phone,
and then noticed that an EMT who he believed "just happened to be there" was
giving assistance within moments of the collision.

                  Officials at the United Communities Volunteer Fire Department
confirmed that the EMT is a member of the department, but declined to identify
him, saying he was too upset to discuss the crash.

                  Complete story appears in the print version.

                  To subscribe to the print edition click here.

                  ©The Star Democrat 2004

                  Reader Opinions

                  Be the first person to voice your opinion on this story!

                  Back to top

     Send us your community news, events, letters to the editor and other
suggestions. Now, you can submit birth, wedding and engagement announcements
online too!

     Copyright © 1995 - 2004 PowerOne Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

     News | Classifieds | Community | Directory | Marketplace | My Zwire!

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image