[cifnmedia] CIFN ONLINE SCANNER

  • From: "Mike D." <cubsfreak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cifnmedia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:50:18 -0600

Well folks CIFN*2 has finally moved forward into technology.  I finally got DSL now I have an always on internet connection, this allows me to broadcast my scanner online via a sever operated by someone else and is available to even users who are using dialup connections which is great for CIFN listeners.  I know this does take a small file download but it is worth it.  Have you ever wanted to listen to see what is going on in the City that Never Sleeps? VEGAS?  You can wonder no more.  Incidentbroadcast.com has a Vegas scanner!  Along with several other areas.  Just check out the site www.incidentbroadcast.com  Not scanners are only accessable by download of the software.

PLEASE NOTE SERVER IS CURRENTLY DOWN FOR ABOUT 1 HOUR FOR REBOOT..... BUT

Here is the quick and dirty on how to connect to The Team Speak Feeds. Featuring The CIFN2 Scanner!

Download TeamSpeak by CLICKING HERE

Click Connect

Right click in the white blank area and select add server
enter IBN for label

Server address is www.incidentbroadcast.com:8767

Enter a nickname you would like to use

Select anonymous - not registered since your name will not be registered

and Connect

You will enter under the information lobby, you will have to Select the Southern Illinois Scanner that is the CIFN scanner.  We are not the Chicago!

This scanner will be online whenever CIFN2 is around or sleeping.  This new scanner has alot of range including the Effingham Trunked System at times.  If you need anything I will be available via  yahoo messenger @ cubsfreak2001@xxxxxxxxx and also through my personal online chat   http://cifn.chatango.com where you can leave me a message or we can

Michael Dickerson
Need to leave me a message or find out if I am online?
http://cifn2.chatango.com/
IWARN, Inc. Trustee
FLORA E.S.D.A & FLORA RESCUE SQUAD
STATE OF ILLINOIS CERTIFIED EMT-B