[chaoscope] Re: first questions ...

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 21:11:36 +0100

Hi Louis, hello all,

I'm a new-kid-on-the-strange-attractors-block .
I installed the 0.3 a few days ago. I don't know much about it but I'm already
having tons of fun with it.
To me .. it works like some kind of MAGIC ...

To me too, sometimes I wonder how my garbled code doesn't crash more often! :-)

What is the maximum number of iterations that can be applied to a render? There's a point
where I increase the 'iterations' but the estimated
time of complition does not increase anymore.
Does it mean it reached a 'limit'?

The maximum number of iterations is four billions, or more precisely 2 to the power of 32. You'll see that no matter how many zeros you type in the iterations property text box it will revert to the maximum. I thought it would be enough but some users like to render very large images and four billions iterations may not be sufficient, especially for attractors with a high fractal dimension. Version 0.4 will let you render an attractor for ever, until you interrupt the render.

( this is a dumb question )
When I save a csview file in the projects folder
it gets lost. I'm not able to find it when I open
the prokects folder .. there I just find the csproj
files. Why???

If you don't have a project already open you won't be able to load a .csview file. .csview (View Settings) files *replace* the current project View Settings. Once you've opened or created a project, the .csview extension will appear in the file dialog box filter drop down list. You can also replace a project View Settings with another project View Settings.

Regards,

Nicolas Desprez