[chaoscope] Re: Transparency

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:22:43 +0100

Hi Maik, hello all,

Will it be possible to save the picture with transparency? I mean the background is yust black. In some Cases it would be nice to put another background in the Picture. e.g. a gradient?

It's in the features list. Not planned for 0.3 though. What you can do is make a second render in Gas or Liquid mode depending on what you want to achieve, and use it as a mask in your graphic software. Raise the brightness if needed.

I know I can delete a color in Photoshop, but the gradient from the fractal to black I can´t delete so easy!

You could do it pixel by pixel, but you're better off using a mask. :-)

Nicolas Desprez