[chaoscope] Re: Subscribers lacking a brain

  • From: harley25@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:41:49 +0000

Thank you so much for your hard work. And I know it is hard work! And thank you
for bringing such beauty to our lives.

From: Nicolas Desprez <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 19:27:17
To: <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [chaoscope] Subscribers lacking a brain

Hi all,

I'm terribly sorry for the behavior of some of the subscribers today.
Despite my best efforts I have a life outside Chaoscope and I wasn't
able to administrate the list until now.

Many thanks to David for posting the unsubscribing procedure. Those who
haven't read it or haven't understood it were unsubscribed by myself.
I've also deleted trolling posts from the archive so that Googling for
expletives won't return Chaoscope on the first result page.

Expect another few requesting to be removed from the list.

I think some subscribers confuse "news letter" with "mailing-list" and
expect a one-way type of communication. The rest of you who have
understood how a mailing-list works are more than welcome to stay even
though the forum has been open for a little while now and is, I believe,
a more appropriate platform than the mailing-list for discussions.

http://www.chaoscope.org/forum

As far as Chaoscope development is concerned, I think I promised a
release in Q3 of 2009 and this is obviously not going to happen. I will
do my best to complete the development before the end of the year.
Usually this is followed by:

- Beta testing
- Interface translation
- Documentation update
- Web site update
- Packaging and public release

These tasks can take up to two months (total) depending on how well
organized the beta testing is.

Kind regards,

Nicolas Desprez