[chaoscope] Re: Subscribers lacking a brain

  • From: Suz-Anne Midgett <smidgett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:09:02 -0400

Me Too!!  I think you do a fantastic job, Nicolas--especially for FREE software.  Bravo and I can NOT wait.

Suz-Anne

Zero_G wrote:
Ditto!!!

.:| Zero_G |:.
\ on iPhone /

On 07/ott/2009, at 21.47, Murat Cokeker <cokeker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We, the real fans of chaoscope are very excited to see the next release. The sooner is better.

We realy appreciate your efforts.

Thank you...

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Nicolas Desprez <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm terribly sorry for the behavior of some of the subscribers today. Despite my best efforts I have a life outside Chaoscope and I wasn't able to administrate the list until now.

Many thanks to David for posting the unsubscribing procedure. Those who haven't read it or haven't understood it were unsubscribed by myself. I've also deleted trolling posts from the archive so that Googling for expletives won't return Chaoscope on the first result page.

Expect another few requesting to be removed from the list.

I think some subscribers confuse "news letter" with "mailing-list" and expect a one-way type of communication. The rest of you who have understood how a mailing-list works are more than welcome to stay even though the forum has been open for a little while now and is, I believe, a more appropriate platform than the mailing-list for discussions.

http://www.chaoscope.org/forum

As far as Chaoscope development is concerned, I think I promised a release in Q3 of 2009 and this is obviously not going to happen. I will do my best to complete the development before the end of the year. Usually this is followed by:

- Beta testing
- Interface translation
- Documentation update
- Web site update
- Packaging and public release

These tasks can take up to two months (total) depending on how well organized the beta testing is.

Kind regards,

Nicolas Desprez

Database version: 6.13430

Database version: 6.13430