[chaoscope] Re: Print Res Renders

  • From: Ian McKee <photoian@xxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:55:00 -0700

I apologize to everyone; I found how to size the image by reading the directions. My display is capable of 1280 x 1024 so I can get the image up to 10 Mb or so. How it prints is another matter I haven't explored yet.
Thanks for all your responses. I'll probably have more questions later.

Ian

Ian McKee wrote:

John, I can access your web site but the full address you give won't open, "page cannot be found" If I knock off the last item to "renders" I get "directory access denied".

John Seymour wrote:

Hi All
My first post on this mailing list. In reply to Ian Mckee's question, larger files can be rendered in Chaoscope - admittedly not very easily since the window you work in doesn't have zoom capability.
I just create a new document at the required size, import the attractor file and then try to rotate the attractor the best I can till it looks correct - bearing in mind that depending on the size of document you've choosen, depends on just how much of the window you can physically see at any one time to enable you to position properly. This can take a while to get right, as basically your working blind....almost.
Anyway below is a link to my version of Sous La Parabole (one of the programs example files) - it is 5000 x 3000 .JPG file zipped up. It doesn't look exactly the same as the original as I couldn't orient the attractor correctly.
Be aware that this file is approx 7.7 MB in size - also there is no post work or resizing up in Photoshop at all - this is straight out of Chaoscope at the size you see.
http://www.pixeldude.co.uk/renders/SousLaParabole.zip
Let me know what you think....
Best Regards
John Seymour (UK)