[chaoscope] No need to apply for beta-testing just yet

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:39:24 +0100

Hi Jeremy, hello all,

OOh oooh oooh!
*jumps around like a monkey*

*makes note to self: add a warning to manual about prolonged use and side effects* :)

Can I beta test? If you'd like the loadout of the laptop I'm using, I could give it. As well, if you ever do a chaoscope for linux, I have a 64bit gentoo linux distro so I could test 64bit speeds for it.

There are no Linux version planned, not in the foreseeable future anyway. That being said I've been told by several users that it runs okayish under Wine.

I just love chaoscope. It's got such a better flare of discovery and creativity than something like UF... I know this isn't a competition or anything, but I'm sure you try to compare your program with others to assess how well you're doing. Well, you rule... that's how you're doing, dangit. I stinkin' addicted to this piece of software and I can't seem to stop.... darn you.

My sincere apologies. :)

P.S. Don't worry... if you can't sign me up for the beta, I'll just kill some kittens and kidnap someone you really appreciate and send you videos in the mail of me doing evil puppet shows in front of them until they foam at the mouth. :-)

I generally don't use laughing acronyms, however: *LOL*

To all: please don't contact me or mention beta-testing on the mailing list just yet. I'll have forgotten about your message by the time the binaries will be ready, which will be announced here. Sorry for the delay, I shouldn't have bought Battlefield 2. :)

Nicolas Desprez