[chaoscope] Re: I've put the movie again

  • From: Dmitry <Dreadnought@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Peter Ølting <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:37:38 +0600

Good day, Peter!  Hello all!

PØ> It really nice
Thanks a lot! I very glad that you enjoyed.
PØ> - only I could wish for more frames
Of course, but it would increase file size. I can't upload so much by
modem. And also some people downloads it with modem, so.. it is small
version for internet. Usually I build 72 frames.

PØ> Could you tell us a little about how you made it
PØ> - what additional software do you use
PØ> to stich the left and right together
Okay, I do it with pleasure!
Chaoscope saves own projects in open view - that are small text files
where listen all of the parameters of the attractor and rendering. Also
there is parameter "rotation". I use "batch rendering" to build 36
images with step of 10 degrees.
To acieve the stereo vision - each pair of neighbour frames gives
stereo pair. I look it cross-eyed, and place frames accordingly.

There are 2 ways to build 3d-object movie.
The first :
I have 36 frames. Using program "Virtual Dub" I convert it in avi
file. Then, I have downloaded program "Stereo Movie Maker" -
http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stvmkr . It very like "Stereo Photo Maker"
and have the same authors - Masuji Suto and David Sykes.
In SMM, I open my AVI file like video stream for left eye, then - like
stream for right one. In SMM there is command ( and the button of course)
which turns one video stream to the one frame forward (I turned right
stream to 1 frame forward). After all I save "stereo video file".
That's all.
The second:
Program Stereo Photo Maker (SPM) has feature to build stereo
panoramas. All the details you can read here:
http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/index.html
Series of frames loads into SPM as slideshow list, and it compile it
into stereo-pairs. After, it is possible to save and convert to avi by
"Virtual Dub" or convert in *.mov file. I did it in "VR worx" program.

With the best wishes,

Dmitry Kushelevsky

http://dreadnought.narod.ru