[chaoscope] Re: Animation

  • From: "Sylvie Gallet" <sylvie.gallet@xxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:44:02 -0600

Hi Dmitry,

>> Why so slow? I rendered 72 frames 800x600px in soild mode , and it
>> tooks me about 38minutes. My computer is not too modern - AthlonXP
>> 1800MHz, 510Mb RAM. May be you did that frames in better resolution?

  The rendering time depends on the attractor: some are very fast and
  may take less than 2 minutes per frame with a very good result, even
  in solide mode; some will take up to 4 hours and the highest possible
  iterations for a poor result.  I'm currently rendering a 256 frames
  animation that requires about 1 hour 40 minutes per frame (the best
  compromise time/quality for that particular attrctor)

  Cheers,

        - Sylvie