[chaoscope] Re: Feature - Equations: User created equations?

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:33:29 +0000

Hi James, hello all,

>  I haven't heard anything from the list, even though I've been on for a
>  bit, so I thought I would take this chance to email the list and ask a
>  question regarding a feature, as well as regarding the current Chaoscope
>  equations.

opening a mailing-list is like opening a restaurant : clients won't
start coming in until it's busy.
Chaoscope user base is rather small, and you can divide this by two if
you exclude my friends and family. :-)

>  I'm interested in the mathematical aspect of the Chaoscope
>  formulas/equations (probably because of Fractal Explorer).  Being able
>  to see the equations used is extremely interesting, for me, and is
>  somewhat inspiring.  Is there any chance users will be able to create
>  their own equations for Chaoscope (even if it is far down the line)?

Ultimately, Chaoscope *will* integrate a built-in equation parser. The
code is freely available (i.e. FractINT) so it shouldn't be too much of
a hassle to implement it. Before that, I plan to release a SDK and let
the users create their own equations as plugins (compiled C DLLs). Just
like WinAMP, plugins shall be saved in a folder which will be polled
when the application is launched, the attractor list being populated
accordingly.

Nicolas Desprez