[chaoscope] Re: DevArt and art communities

  • From: Marcus <marcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:51:47 -0400

" I know the people at Devart are great, but wasn't there a sort of battle going on?"

Yeah, there is. We don't know a lot of the details, but it kinda seems like the battle could get ugly. I haven't seen any updates since middle of last week so more could have come out since then. I'm trying not to pay attention to it.

Jeremy White wrote:
Oh! My bad for not fully explaining my understanding. I know the people at Devart are great, but wasn't there a sort of battle going on? A few founders got ousted for no good reason and they both claim it was because they weren't trying to reap a profit like the current legal owner is. It was something along those lines, and I know better than to trust just a couple people, but I have been getting that information from not only the founders but other users of DA as well as from articles here and there for a couple years now. For me, ourmedia is good enough, as all I really absolutely need is a place where I can host my media from. Getting a good forum isn't always as difficult as getting space online.... though I'm sure that will change with Google and the other companies starting a race for hosting.

I wonder if anyone will ever try to do something like DA, like google.

Right now, folks, I only want one thing, and I've been searching for over a month now. I want some way to draw in real time with someone else on a digital canvas of sorts. I know inkscape has inkboard and there are always anonymous flash sites with digital whiteboards, but I don't want that. I want something like what moonedit (http://moonedit.com/) has done, only for drawing and arts like chaoscope. Something where you can post visuals or sketch and do algorithms or filters and get live feedback from other people online in a forum structure just like moonedit has online text documents with passwords and what-not. If DA ever got that, I wouldn't be able to resist not joining.

I've heard people say such a software project exists... I'll find it, post it everywhere, and try my hardest to beta test and program for it. XD

If you have any info, I'd be sure to send you some cookie dough in the mail as just payback for such valuable information ;-)

~Dudy

KatiaKittn@xxxxxxx wrote:

I'm surprised. I've always had good vibes from devart. for the most part even the people who don't know what they're doing leave one-word comments, and there are many people who leave constructive criticism along with their praise. There's also a setting that disallows commenting on your works, but if you've already got an art gallery, no need to bother with that :)
I like having a place where people can comment, and where there's actually a lot of people visiting (once encountered a place with almost no traffic) i think i get maybe 2 bad comments in a year

~kaze

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.1/64 - Release Date: 8/4/2005
====================================================== The Chaoscope mailing-list Archives : //www.freelists.org/archives/chaoscope Admin contact : chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Web site : http://www.chaoscope.org ======================================================