[channelf] Re: New Bios

  • From: "Fredric CJ Blåholtz" <e5frog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: channelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 19:36:23 +0200

Hello, it was Sean Riddle that dumped it, not me, perhaps you can
borrow his dumper if you write him.

http://members.cox.net/seanriddle/chanf.html

... or you can build one of your own.

These aren't plain memory circuits, but 3851 PSU:s, you need to
emulate some signals to dump the code, there are a few pdf-documents
on what rom-codes you need to send to the PSU (or 3852/53) if you
don't have them already they are here (my personal webspace):
http://w5.nuinternet.com/s660100106/files/channelf/f3850.pdf
http://w5.nuinternet.com/s660100106/files/channelf/f3852_53.pdf

I was planning to emulate a 3853 perhaps with a PIC or PLC or similar
to be able to build my own carts - without the need for a donor
Chess-cartridge, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.   ;-)

2007/6/17, Knowles, Ian <I.M.Knowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Frederic,

A friend bought a Grandstand ChannelF and inside one of the chips is
labelled SL31291, I only have a programmer for eeproms and a limited
knowledge on dumping things. Would you be able to provide details of how you
dumped the other bioses?

--
* Fairchild Channel F collector extraordinaire *