[channel13workers] May events at Glen Helen

  • From: "Motyka Davidson" <mdavidson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:57:18 -0400

May Events in the Glen
These events can also be found on our website at
http://www.glenhelen.org/events_in_the_glen.htm

Art Exhibit
Art Exhibit: Yellow Springs High School
April 16 to May 31 at the Glen Helen Building.

Nature Story Hour at the Trailside Museum
Every Wednesday at 1:00pm next to 405 Corry St. Preschoolers can discover
nature through stories about the natural world. Parents are invited to
stay and enjoy the stories with their children. Programs last about an
hour and might include a short hike on nice weather days. Nature Story
Hour takes place from October through February. Donations welcome! Please
call (937) 767-7798 for details.

Birding Hikes
Saturday, May 6, 9:00 am. Meet hike leader, Cindy Steffen at the Trailside
Museum. Join us as we look and listen for courtship displays,
neo-tropicals returning from their long migrations and all sorts of other
interesting bird sounds and behaviors.

Sunday, May 7 - Wildflower Walk
1:30 pm pm at Trailside Museum with Glen Guides, Alice McKinney
and Linda Robinson

GHA Annual Potluck Meeting
Sunday, May 7, 5:00pm at the Glen Helen Building

Reptile Feeding at the Trailside Museum
Saturday, May 13 & 27 at 11:00am. Come to the Glen Helen Trailside Museum,
next to 405 Corry St. in Yellow Springs to learn about snakes and turtles,
as we feed our resident reptiles. Great for kids of all ages! Donations
welcome! Please call (937) 767-7798 for details.

International Migratory Bird Day Celebration
Saturday, May 13
9:00 am - 12:00 pm at Trailside Museum & Glen Helen Building
405 Corry Street, Yellow Springs
Call 937-769-10-902 for more information

Saturday, May 13 - Full Moon Migration Hike
Watch for night time migrations under the stars.
8:30 pm at Yellow Springs Parking Lot (off of St Rt 343)

Mother's Day Wildflower Walk
Sunday, May 14 1:00 pm at Trailside Museum with Glen Guide, Dave Jansen.
Bring Mom to see the Glen in bloom!

Medallion Hike: Flowers are Wild
Saturday, May 20, 1:00 pm meet at Trailside Museum with Kai Cooley.
Participants should be in good condition for these 3.5-5 miles hikes.

Lecture Series: Butterflies! Butterflies! Butterflies!
Wednesday, May 24, 7:00 pm at Glen Helen Building. The lecture is by John
Wilson. John oversees the management of the land at Aullwood Audubon
Center and Farm. In addition, he cares for the Center's live animals,
helps with Apple Festival and pursues insects and teaches visiting school
groups.

Calendar Photo Deadline
Glen Helen Photos Wanted!  If you have a really cool photo of Glen Helen,
please submit it by June 4 for consideration in our 2007 calendar.  Photo
submissions of all four seasons are due June 4.  Please call for an entry
form and more information.  937-769-1907

Volunteering
Join our Volun-Teams!   Friends, Mothers-Daughters, Couples, etc. needed
to help at our Welcome Desk and Nature Shop.   Volun-Team members are
encouraged to meet in Yellow Springs for a meal or take a hike in the Glen
and work a shift at the Glen Building beforehand or afterwards.  Make
volunteering at the Glen an event with someone you enjoy spending time
with!  Please call Volunteer Coordinator, Cindy Steffen, at 937-769-1907
for more information.