[chadfree] Re: Excel Spreadsheets - download without Excel?

  • From: Shyamal Gupta <shyamal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chadfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:32:18 -0400

At 02:59 PM 4/23/2004, Peggy wrote:
>Is there a way to download and read an Excel spreadsheet if you don't have
>Excel?  I don't have Excel, is there another program that can read Excel?  I
>know I'm not doing a good job of explaining this - a friend sent me an Excel
>spreadsheet of information, I tried opening it with Word but it cut off half
>the information.  Just wondering if there is another program that would
>work?

You can get Microsoft's Excel viewer at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN

Here is a note from the site :

"This viewer may open some spreadsheet files created with later versions of
Excel. However, not all features of Excel 2002 and later versions are
supported, so we do not recommend using the Excel 97/200 Viewer with these
files. "

Good luck.

SG

chadfree-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx